- To develop thinking and skill sets among leaders to better understand our mission as a church, better engage the Bible, and more effectively interact with people we lead.
Who is this for?
- For everyone who wants to develop their leadership skills for life and church ministry.
- 12 meetings on Sunday evenings over the course of 6 months (only 2 absences allowed)
- Prior to the first meeting, read John 17 and “8 Ways to Teach Leadership from the Bible“
- Read all or portions of five books. Each session will require less than 80 pages of reading.
- Spiritual Leadership by Oswald Sanders
- Preaching by Tim Keller
- Every Square Inch by Bruce Ashford
- Habits for Our Holiness by Philip Nation
- Destination Community by Rick Howerton
- $45 fee for books
Typical Meeting Agenda:
6:00 – 6:10 Opening and prayer
6:10 – 6:25 Discuss reading assignment
6:25 – 7:00 Teaching from Pastor Philip
7:00 – 7:15 Break and reflection in smaller groups
7:15 – 7:35 Interactive exercise
7:35 – 8:05 Teaching from ministerial staff
8:05 – 8:20 Wrap-up and assignments